Dear Blog.....yep that's how I blog. There are sooo many awesome (& not so awesome) blogs out there & I'm not here to compete. This blog is for ME. Now, if you happen across it, I pray that you will be inspired, encouraged & enlightened! See, this is my creative way of holding myself accountable...as I continue to learn & grow in God, raise 4 happy kids with my hubby & strive to bring some lasting organization to our chaotic house!

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Run to WIN!

Dear Blog, Day 2 of my study on anti-laziness & I found 3 great scriptures! 

1 Cor 9:24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners compete, but [only] one receives the prize? So run [your race] that you may lay hold [of the prize] and make it yours. AMP
The laundry, dishes etc have to be done whether I enjoy it & do a good job or not, so why not RUN to WIN!

1 Thess 4:11  Stay calm; mind your own business; do your own job. You've heard all this from us before, but a reminder never hurts. We want you living in a way that will command the respect of outsiders, not lying around sponging off your friends. MSG
Ouch! Right to the point, eh? Thank-you Lord for your Word that is sharper than a 2 edged sword.

2 Tim 2:15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. NIV
Like a child wanting to please her Dad, I so totally want God to say, "Yep, thats my girl!"
Ok, so now about tomorrow...I'm very excited...I'm going to start my very first CHALLENGE! There are literally hundreds, maybe thousands of housekeeping-cleaning-purging-organizing challenges out in blogland right now (although I can't seem to find any that started THIS month, go figure) & I finally narrowed it down to one! It's "31 days to an Organized Home" on the blog Imperfect Homemaking. I found both this great blog & challenge thru Pinterest. It officially ran thru Oct 2011. There is also A Bowl Full of Lemons' Weekly Cleaning & Organizing Challenges that I want to do but I'm waiting for my new print cartridge to arrive before I start that one. She has 13 challenges that started Jan 2011 so I'm a tad behind, but hey, better late than never!!

*picture from http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/?p=17726

No comments: