Dear Blog.....yep that's how I blog. There are sooo many awesome (& not so awesome) blogs out there & I'm not here to compete. This blog is for ME. Now, if you happen across it, I pray that you will be inspired, encouraged & enlightened! See, this is my creative way of holding myself accountable...as I continue to learn & grow in God, raise 4 happy kids with my hubby & strive to bring some lasting organization to our chaotic house!

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

New Month, New Attitude, New Resolve

Dear Blog, so how does one start their very 1st post?? I guess by just diving right in! This a.m. is the start of a new month & new attitude & new resolve! The month is November, my attitude is Thankfulness & my resolve is to "do unto the Lord" (specifically housework!).
"And whatever you do [no matter what it is] in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus and in [dependence upon] His Person, giving praise to God the Father through Him."   Col 3:17 Amplified
The new month is simply cause, well, it is! I love that God's mercies are new each morning & a new month is so exciting! You flip the calendar page & see an entire month just waiting to be lived.
The thankfulness comes in because God has been talking to me about my complaining & grumbling. A person can't complain when they are busy being thankful...for their kids, spouse, church, life in general!! Case in point, if while I'm loading the dishwasher I'm thanking God for blessing us with a dishwasher, I can't really in the next moment complain about how everyone piles their dishes ON TOP of the dishwasher counter instead of simply putting them INSIDE! My attitude of Thanksfulness will make for more Joy all the way around!
The resolve part is this: I'm LAZY. I do have my productive spurts, but overall, I'm looking to do the least amount of work & the easiest way out! Now mix that with a house, 4 kids, 2 cats, hubby & a busy life...what you get is a very messy, unorganized chaotic home! yuck! The Bible has a lot to say about laziness, here's a few of it's verses: Prov 10:5, Prov 10:26, Prov 12:24, Prov 12:27, Mat 25:26, 1 Th 5:6, 2 Thess 3:10. Reading these (+ about 10 others) has given me a nasty reality check. Laziness is a sin I want & will have *positive affirmation!* NO part of! Over the next while I'm going to do a Bible search/study on not being lazy & to start I need to know what I'm looking for. So a Google search of "the opposite of lazy" gives these results: diligent, hard-working, industrious, energetic, pro-active, ambitious, productive. Hmmm...this is going to be a long, hard road, BUT God has recently showed me (yet again) that He is soo faithful, give me nothing I can't handle while leaning on Him & provides more than enough grace. 

No comments: